1. Braid your loc's into sections, using 6 or so loc's per braid. Use a rubber band that matches your hair color, to secure the end each braid. I always wash my hair the night before I do this style, so it gives my hair a chance to dry a bit, before creating this updo.
2. To start the updo, pull all your braids into a high ponytail. I always do a two section ponytail because my loc’s are long and can be heavy in an updo. With a two part pony tail, you make a ponytail with all your loc braids, except the ones that are on the crown/front edges of your head. Once you have created your first ponytail, and have adjusted it so it’s comfortable, add the remaining loose braided loc's to your first ponytail, with a second pony tail holder.
3. Once you created a ponytail, continuously grabbed a one of your loc braids from the bottom of the pony tail and reach it around to the top and tuck it in to the hair band. Because my loc's are long, I don't need to use hair pins. But if you are having problems with getting the braids to stay tucked in, use hair pins to secure each braid that you want to tuck in. Make sure to adjust the hair pin so it is comfortable. After a while, you will not be able to reach the headband(s), so when you wrap the braid lock around the bun, tuck the end of the braid under the closes loc braid, enough to where you feel the braid is secure, and will not fall out.
4. Once all the braid loc's have been tucked in, fell around to see if any braids feel like they are loose or are sticking out; and also take time to adjust the bun by moving it around a little bit with both hands to achieve the bun shape you want. But do not use to much pressure, or your bun will fall apart. If your loc’s are shorter, you can also put a thin hair net (that matches your hair color) over your loc bun, to make sure none of your braids fall out during the day. To use a hair net - place it over your bun, and tuck in any loose parts of the net under your bun, and secure it with a hair pin.
5. Now that you have completed your bun, you can add a decorative headband or fancy hair clip to complete the look. Enjoy!