Monday, August 30, 2010
Interview with Teri LaFlesh
Check out my interview with Teri LaFlesh, author of the book Curly Like Me. Teri talks to Naturally Beautiful Hair Website & Blog about what motivated her to write her book and to reach out to others.
"I didn't want to see anyone else with hair like mine, have to go through with theirs, what I did with mine."
~ Teri LaFlesh
On Teri's website, she talks about her book, and why it can help:
"Curly Like Me is the off-the-grid, do-it-yourself owner's manual for tightly curly hair. Within the book you'll find:
* How to wear your own curls in their natural curl patterns
* Complete curly hair care guide, with simple, easy-to-follow instructions and over 250 original photographs and illustrations (done by yours truly)
* The best products, tools, and ingredients
* Pain-free techniques on how to comb and style your curls, or your child's curls
* Over 30 easy curl-enhancing hairstyle ideas, tips for growing out your perm, and more
* How to avoid costly treatments, products, marketing misinformation, and frequent salon visits so you can enjoy your natural curls, without pain, chemicals, or the use of weaves or extensions
* The story (with photos) of Teri’s passage from hair broken by relaxers, texturizers, improper care, trying to force it to conform, and fighting her weave addiction—to finally understanding her own curls. Now cherished and happy, her natural hair reaches well past her waist.
End your struggles with broken, damaged hair and begin your journey to thriving natural curls. Applying the ideas and information in this book will end the frustration and heartache of the past so you can love your hair the way it really is. Curly Like Me empowers you to take back the care of your hair so you can let your own beautiful curls shine."
To see Teri's interview, go to Naturally Beautiful Hair's Website Interview Page. You can also find Teri on the following websites:
Website - Tightly Curly
Book - Curly Like Me
Blog - Former Mushroom Haired Child
Her readers Before & After pictures